Jaxson the Pug

Sunday, July 06, 2008

4th of July Extravaganza -- PART III

After a very exciting holiday, I was looking forward to a slower paced Saturday at the lake. In fact I really didn't want to get up in the morning and lounged as long as possible. I had my usual breakfast and then I had "second breakfast" when William got up and shared his food. Then we relaxed a bit and enjoyed the sights of boats going by and all the sounds of nature. Melanie went out on the boat for a while too. After lunch, we also took a nap. Afterwards Melanie went in for a swim. She put a doggie life vest on me so that I could join in but I wasn't too sure about it. I tried wading in per my usual MO around water and that was great. She carried me in and then let me sit on her lap out in the deeper part. Then I swam back to shore. Next Cam carried me out there and I sat a little longer before returning to the safety of shore. But I really wanted to be near Melanie so I took an unprecedented step of swimming out to Melanie on my own! It was really scary but everyone was clapping and encouraging me so I felt so proud of my self. After this display of athletic skill, Melanie let me float out there on a plastic raft while everyone frolicked in the water. Melanie also went on this thing called a "jetski"...it kind of looks like a boat but smaller and it really splashes a lot! But this time I was pretty much exhausted but the day just kept going and going and going. Afternoon turned to night and we experienced another round of the "heart attack inducing scary fireworks". Overall the weekend was SO MUCH FUN and I CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK....and I think I was good enough to get invited again too!

Oh, and Melanie seemed to have a really great time too, but she didn't get any picture of our adventure! She promised to get some photos from other people to share, but you, my loyal readers, will have to wait patiently until they arrive...so stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home