Jaxson the Pug

Sunday, July 06, 2008

4th of July Extravaganza -- PART II

The lake house is AWESOME and further proved that I am a country dog. I had lots of fun running around with no leash marking all the trees on the property. Plus there was a ready water supply whenever I needed a sip. Neighbor dogs often come by for a visit and I even went over to their houses upon occasion....talk about Southern hospitality! Most of my day was spent on dry land although I did wade out to cool my belly. Melanie went out on the boat for a while and I patiently waited on the dock for her to return. There was lots of other people there to play with me, although for some reason they were very interested in this kid that was there. At first I wasn't too into the kid, but I soon learned that he drops a lot of food and also likes to directly give me a bite when his mom wasn't looking. So although I can't say I love kids...I do love that kids feed me lots of treats! Eventually we headed out to the front yard to watch a parade go by, but mostly I napped during it. Then when it got dark the scary stuff started. At first it was just a little popping noise, but eventually it turned into bangs and I got really really really freaked out! Melanie was no help in protecting me and I tried to get inside the house. Melanie let me in and I immediately hid under the nearest bed. Summary of the day is "Lake houses, messy kids and the country life are GREAT...fireworks are NOT"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home