Jaxson the Pug

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Rescue Day Weekend!

Fishin'Today is the one year anniversary of the day Melanie rescued me from a life on the streets. That's right just one year ago I was a lost little puggie fending for myself on the mean streets of Ft. Worth, TX. Now I spend my days relaxing on the couch, eating 2 square meals a day and demanding belly rubs and treats. It is so great to have found a forever home! I LOVE YOU, Melanie! To celebrate the big day, Melanie took me on an all out Saturday of FUN! We got up extra early and headed over to Austin for the Pug Club Meetup there. When we arrived at Bull Creek there were tons of pugs there, at least 50 or so! Symmetry in PugsThere were little ones, big ones, young ones, old ones, black ones, fawn ones, fat ones but no skinny ones. And Bull Creek is AWESOME! There is like a swimming hole and a shallow creek leading up to it. This picture is of me checking out the minnows that were swimming in the water. I tried to catch them but with no success. Fishing requires patience and I have NONE of that. Anyway, there were tons of pugs to play with chase with! We played by running through the water, across the creek, up the little walking trail, back through the grass, around the shore area and then back into the water. I don't think I really stopped moving for 2 whole hours! I made lots of new friends and I am hoping that Melanie takes me back really soon!Big Bad Wolf After all the morning fun at the park, we headed home in a round about way. We ended up stopping in Round Top to visit Rebecca at the Antique fair. Since Melanie had helped out early in the week, we wanted to see if she had sold out of all her stuff. Lucky for us, we got to see not only Rebecca, but James and Priscilla also! Plus we walked around and showed me off to all the other people there. I got extra petting in and loads of "he's so cute" comments. After an hour or so there, we headed home and I took a long deserved nap the whole ride. Then I spent the rest of Saturday sleeping on the couch while Melanie and Teresa watched college football and the baseball playoffs. In fact I had to sleep today also just to get my energy back. Overall it was about the BEST weekend I have had so far here at Melanie's. So good, that I can't wait until next year comes along!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home