Jaxson the Pug

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Great Blackout of 2006

Around 4pm, we lost power!!! At first I wasn't too scared cause Teresa was home watching the opening day of postseason baseball. But that's when the scary alarm started going off. Around every 5 seconds or so, the apartment alarm would beep loudly. This completely rattled me and I had to bark and howl to make it stop. Plus all the people in the complex were congregating outside to discuss the matter and this noise made me even more edgier. And to top it all off, Melanie was not home at the time. She had spent the whole day helping out Rebecca at the Antique Show 45 minutes away. Teresa tried to raise her on the cell phone but Melanie wasn't responding. After about 45 minutes, she finally got ahold of her and by then I was hysterical and Teresa was really upset. Melanie responded by telling Teresa to go upstairs and get the candles we bought for the great hurricane scare of 2005 since we would need them in after the sun set. Then to fill a Kong and give it to me as a distraction. This worked for a while but the alarm was really bothering me. All told our power was out for a total of 3 hours or so and I'd say I barked for about 85% of it. Melanie finally arrived home several hours after that and gave us an update about what had happened. Apparently the whole city/county lost power! So I guess there wasn't really anywhere to go to escape the beeping alarm. I told Melanie that she better not leave me in that situation again....I needed comfort and Teresa just isn't the same as Melanie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home