Jaxson the Pug

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Wildlife in the City

So the city isn't complete devoid of wild creatures...in fact I have encountered several. First there is the green jumpy bug thing that lives in my hallway. At least I think he lives there cause I see him all the time usually at night. If Melanie doesn't have me on a leash I like to run up to him and scare him into jumping for me. Then I proceed to chase him as he hops down the hallway. This game only ends when he manages to magically climb up the walls out of my reach, so he is a sneaky jumpy bug thing. The second critter I've seen is a frog...or a toad...I don't know the difference. We often encounter these guys when I go out to potty in the early morning after they have watered the grass. Frogs really blend into the grass and I often walk right over them before I realize they are there. Then they hop away...but they are so slow that I can always catch them. Then they "play dead" but I know they're faking it. Finally I have encountered lots of birds and squirrels here in the city, but I don't really consider these guys "wildlife" so I won't waste anymore blogspace on discussing them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home