Jaxson the Pug

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

News and Notes from the Past Few Months

Well, it has been a long time since I blogged....hope I didn't lose too many of my approximately 10 regular subscribers! For the past few months I was living with my grandma and grandpa while Melanie finished her PhD dissertation. At first I was upset about this turn of events, but I think it was a good thing. Melanie was spending more hours at school than at home by a factor of 3 to 1. This lead to many missed meals for her and as a pug I just cannot imagine skipping meals...or snacks....or random treats....or the odd scrap off the sidewalk. At grandma's I got a regular schedule of 10 snacks per day interspersed with 10 naps not to mention 2 solid meals a day. Oh and did I mention all the doggie massages and attention! The only downside was sharing my domain with a cat, but by my departure I think we both agreed that I was the master and he was the slave!

Anyway, Melanie passed her defense (*clap*clap*clap*clap) and came to retrieve me several weeks ago. Here's a recap of what's happened since then

1) City life is interesting
2) Houston dog parks are illusive
3) Wood floors are slippery
4) Melanie's new couch ranks #3 on my all time best couch list
5) Melanie's new bed ranks #2 on my all time softness scale
6) Elevators are magic time machines
7) Doggie daycare rocks....seriously!
8) Unlimited treats = poundage increases
9) Diet is a 4 letter word
10) I really miss grandma's house!!!!!!

So now you are all caught up....and stay tuned for all my new adventures!

3 Comments:

  • We missed your blogs, Jax! Keep us updated on city life. When I lived with an elevator, my mom made me "sit" everytime we got in. It was very hard!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/26/2008 1:27 PM  

  • What's an elevator? Can you eat it??

    I've learned one thing recently...
    the Cuz makes me puke. I don't get to play with it very often because it sits up by the sink where I can't reach it (something about being too loud), so I only get to play with it when my parents leave the house for a long time. Yesterday I got the Cuz AND a kong! Then this morning I threw up. Happens every time I play with the Cuz. :-(

    Miss you!

    ~Bruno

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/27/2008 5:16 AM  

  • Hey, Grand Puppy. We are coming to visit so get ready.

    Love Grandma

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/27/2008 6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home