Jaxson the Pug

Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Break

The long weekend started with an overnight playdate with Bruno (Shelli's puppy). At first I think Bruno was scared of me...but that's understandable as I was quite hyped on energy from being in the car for a couple hours! After I calmed down a bit, he warmed right up and we proceeded to play hard for the rest of the evening. The only break was when Melanie and I went to pick up Outback take out and the lady gave me a milkbone! Except for that, Bruno and I played (a little rough according to the humans) and chased each other! Luckily, Cane the cat left us alone as I haven't quite recovered from my run-in with Jazzy the cat. The next morning we got up and played some more before Melanie and I headed off to Amarillo. I pretty much slept the entire 6 hour trip except for potty breaks...I haven't played so much since I was a wee pup! Even after we arrived home (and I rediscovered the joy of doggie doors), I was still tired and took another nap. But after that, the real excitement of Easter set in as we prepared to dye eggs. I was pretty intrigued with the whole procedure and even managed to get my paws dirty trying it out At the end, I was very satisfied with our efforts and I have to admit they looked awfully tasty! Saturday night we celebrated with the traditional Kilbase, potato salad and rolls dinner. Unfortunately, I didn't get anything from the table, but Melanie did make me a special stuffed Kong. Then we sang happy birthday to Katie and ate birthday cake. The weekend ended Sunday when the whole family came over for lunch. I got lots of petting and attention! But it did make me really tired again...I practically fell asleep standing up before Melanie scooped me up and took me to bed. Today we are driving back to Aggieland and I plan to sleep the entire trip!

1 Comments:

  • Hi Jaxson!
    My owner Shelli says I have to write you a thank you note for the smoked pig's ear and biscuits you gave me. I don't even know what a thank you note is, but let me tell you... that pig's ear is mighty tasty! My owner Ronnie got tired of watching me this past weekend and I got to chew on it for an entire hour and a half!! Can you belive that? Shelli is shocked I stayed still for that long.
    Jaxson, after you and Melanie left the other day, I kept waiting for you to come back and play. Why'd you leave? I had such a good time! I even went back to the bedroom and scoped out the room where you stayed, thinking you were hiding from me! When do you think you'll be back? I had so much fun because Shelli didn't make me stop playing when we got aggressive. It seems like every time I play with Cane, Ronnie and Shelli yell at me! What's the big deal? I just want to play!
    Barks and paw prints,
    Bruno

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/19/2006 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home