Jaxson the Pug

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hurricane Ike -- Evacuee

So I wanted to update you on me and my status. Melanie and I decided to evacuate, but not really cause we were worried but because of a family funeral. So we drove to San Antonio to hook up with Aunt Clara and carpool to Amarillo with her. It was a very long trip as I-10 was packed and the 3 hour trip took 5+ hours. I was very unsettled in the car cause car rides should be taken at speed....not 10 mph. So we arrived in the wee hours safe 'n sound. At 6 am we woke up and drove to Amarillo where the weather is beautiful! We've been checking in with our friends and dogs back in H-town and we think our power is out but we don't have exact confirmation. I think it was a good idea to leave cause I HATE to pee in the rain and it was a guarantee that I would have had to today if we stayed. Plus grandma was worried about me catching the wind and flying away. Melanie claims that she would have held the leash tight and not let me go too far, but she also laughed about "flying pugs" so who knows. Our plans for return remain loose but I'll let you know when I find out....I'm always the last to know! Until then...grandma's house = spa vacation and that is a GOOD thing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home